Genuine Reseller of
Genuine Reseller of
CamBam CNC software is a downloadable CAM product. This is SMW3D's favored CAM product and we are proud to offer it to our makers.
What is CAM good for? Well, more than to open valves on a motor. In the CNC realm the maker uses CAM software to move from the drawing to gcode that is sent to a CNC machine. If you are just getting into the world of CNC have a read over our blog post here that explains the how the whole tool chain works for CNC machining. In essence, import a DXF file into CamBam, set tool paths and export as Gcode. The machine will run off Gcode.
We have found CamBAm to one of the more user friendly CAM software platforms on the market. They offer a lot of great tutorials from how to perform full 2.5D milling, CNC plasma cutting, and a few other options here: http://www.cambam.info/doc/ . There also videos that run through basic functionality located here: http://www.cambam.info/vids/. CamBam also offers a free downloadable trial that allows the user to try out the software prior to purchase, just click the download button on the CamBam main page and give it a go.
How purchasing from SMW3D works: Check out in a normal fashion, we will email you a key to enter into the downloaded CamBam software in 1 to 2 business days. The key will work indefinitely on the PC you download the software on.
CamBam currently supports the following:
- Reading from and writing to 2D DXF files.
- 2.5D profiling machine operations with auto-tab support
- 2.5D pocketing operations with auto island detection
- Drilling (Normal,Peck,Spiral Milling and Custom Scripts)
- True Type Font (TTF) text manipulation and outline (glyph) extraction.
- Conversion of bitmaps to height maps
- 3D geometry import from STL, 3DS and RAW files
- 3D waterline and scan line machining operations
- Extendable through user written plugins and scripts
Note that CamBam does have small CAD abilities built in. If you are just starting out and do not have your CAD set-up yet the functionality inside the software will allow you create simple shapes. This allows you create your full tool path in one work space and export directly to the R7 or OX CNC machine.